he lost it to Filipino Pancho Villa in New York. After the seventh round knockout defeat, Wi | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888 May 19
BALTIMORE -- Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta didnt just sprain a finger on his right hand in a scuffle during Monday nights practice. Dawuane Smoot Jaguars Jersey .Pitta later took a verbal jab in the locker room, compliments of quarterback and supposed good friend Joe Flacco.He got his little baby injury that he always gets in camp and gets himself out of a week in camp, Flacco said with a big grin while looking at Pitta in the locker room. Thats better than breaking his hip, though.Pittas twice-fractured right hip can be a sore subject with him. But, apparently, Pitta is Flaccos favorite target on and off the field.I heard Joe say, Its a good thing he didnt break his hip again, which isnt that funny, Joe, Pitta said while cracking a smile.Pitta injured the finger -- his index and middle fingers were taped together -- during a fight with rookie linebacker Kamalei Correa. He described the injury as nothing serious.Flacco did stand up for Pitta and the offense a few plays later when he ran up to Correa after the linebacker delivered a hit on wide receiver Mike Wallace.When asked about Flaccos assertion that this is a ploy to get time off, Pitta said after a long pause, I have nothing to say about it. I will get some rest over the next couple of days.I wont miss much time, Pitta said. But obviously well have to be cautious this time of the year and just make sure it fully heals so I can get back out there.Ravens coach John Harbaugh said, Its going to be a little while for him.The Ravens practice Monday night was the most intense of training camp. There were a half-dozen scuffles during the 2 1/2-hour session, and it surprisingly included the usually mild-mannered Pitta.According to Pitta, he hadnt been in a fight since his college days more than seven years ago. He wouldnt specifically say what led to his altercation with Correa but indicated it started when there was after-the-whistle stuff that wasnt necessary.But Pitta said the issue has been resolved.Me and KC already talked about it, Pitta said. So, were good.Harbaugh thought it was a positive sign from Pitta.I like the fact that Pitta is out here making plays, and hes blocking people and hes getting after it, Harbaugh said.Pitta doesnt remember how he injured it in the melee. After Pitta confronted Correa, players from the offense and defense converged.I didnt feel it in the moment, Pitta said. It just felt like I jammed it. Then, we just took a look at it and it was just a little bit more than a jam. Dawuane Smoot Youth Jersey .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. Leonard Fournette Womens Jersey . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. http:///...-Jersey.html?cat=959 .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Jimmy Wilde, for many Britains best ever boxer, first became world champion on this day [Dec. 18] 100 years ago.The little Welshman, who was just 5-foot-3 tall, was known as the The Mighty Atom and The Ghost with the Hammer in his Hand.Born in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales, the son of a coal miner, Wilde was sent to work in the pits from a young age. But he escaped a life underground when he started to box aged 16 in fairground booths.He turned professional later in his teens and went 93-0-1 before he lost his unbeaten record. He totalled 136 bouts, though it was probably far more, with just three recorded defeats.Wilde served as a sergeant PT instructor based at Aldershot during the First World War and in 1916 he put together a string of significant wins.Wilde had claimed a version of the world title when he stopped Joe Symonds earlier in 1916 and also had victories over Sid Smith and Tancy Lee, who he knocked out for the European title.But he was not recognised as the undisputed flyweight champion until he halted his Italian-American opponent the Young Zulu KKid -- whose real name was Frankie di Melfi -- in the 11th round at Holborn Stadium. Dede Westbrook Jaguars Jersey. Wilde hurt Kid with a left to the jaw and the American sunk to one knee after taking a pummelling on the ropes. Wilde seized his chance with more heavy blows and when Kid went down again the Americans corner threw in the towel.Despite looking frail and with long, skinny limbs, Wilde was a fearsome champion. By the time he climbed into the ring to face Young Zulu Kid -- also known as Fighting Newsboy -- he had suffered only one defeat to Tancy Lee, which Wilde avenged in June 1916.The world flyweight champion toured America from December 1919 with 11 bouts in six months. Wilde held on to his world title until 1923, when he lost it to Filipino Pancho Villa in New York. After the seventh round knockout defeat, Wilde announced his retirement.Wilde died aged 76 in 1969, after being mugged a few years earlier at Cardiff railway station. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '