opportunity for them but I cant help but think this is a bit of a ploy to say look these blokes have options, Gallen said of the trial | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jj009 Sep 13
TORONTO -- To help Auston Matthews through the first slump of his rookie season, Toronto coach Mike Babcock has turned to Sidney Crosby and Henrik Zetterberg. Cheap Utah Jazz Jerseys .Matthews piled up six goals and 10 points in his first six games, including a historic four-goal outing in his NHL debut. The 19-year-old Matthews was still tied for second Tuesday among all rookies in scoring (12 points), four points behind Patrik Laine.But Matthews has no goals and two assists in the past nine games and Babcock is using video of Crosby and Zetterberg to do some tweaking with his young star.In one-on-one sessions, Babcock showed Matthews how Zetterberg, the long-time Red Wings star, gets the puck back just by standing in the right places defensively. He showed Matthews how when Crosby got the puck, he lured the defense out of position and then didnt hesitate to make a play.Babcock has seen subtle adjustments from Matthews over the past couple weeks, particularly in the faceoff circle. The Arizona native won 43 percent of the draws in the opening five games, 53 percent in the following five and 61 percent in the last five.What hes telling you already is he likes having the puck, Babcock said. Hes sick and tired of chasing it already. So then the next thing hes going to figure out if he stops in the right places on defense and puts his stick in the right place, the offensive players are going to keep giving it back to him and then his skill-set is going to come out.But the hardest part for a kid when you come in the National Hockey League is you never get the puck.Matthews said he believes hes grown stronger defensively in recent weeks. He also leads Toronto with 58 shots, though he last scored Oct. 25 against Tampa, a string of nine games.In our situation we need him to be a dominant, dominant center for us, Babcock said. We think hes going to be by Christmas time. We think hes a very good player already. But we think he can be lights out both with and without the puck. Cheap Jazz Jerseys . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. Cheap Swingman Jazz Jerseys . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. http://www.cheapjazzjerseys.com/ . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Cronulla captain Paul Gallen cant see Sharks teammate Valentine Holmes making it in the NFL and suspects his cross-code dalliance is a ploy to bump up his NRL value.Holmes and North Queenslands 2016 Dally M Medallist Jason Taumalolo will participate in NFL trials in Los Angeles.The pair flew to the US together from London on Monday after clashing in the Four Nations final between Australia and New Zealand.Both are committed to their NRL clubs in 2017 and the trials on Saturday are seen as little more than a chance to test their wares and impress NFL scouts with their athletic ability.Gallen isnt questioning Holmes talents, but doubts his premiership-winning Sharks teammate could make it after Jarryd Hayne struggled to fully convince the San Francisco 49ers that he could.Do I think Val can make it? At this stage no, Gallen said on Triple Ms Rush Hour.I dont know enough about that game but Vals upper body I dont think will be big enough to play that gaame. Cheap Jazz Jerseys China. Hes certainly got big strong legs and hes an unbelievable athlete but I saw what Jarryd Hayne did over there.Jarryd Hayne went very well obviously but Haynsey is a much bigger man and much more athletic.I think if you give Val another couple of years to fill out and develop and grow as a man, then maybe he could go and do it, but at this stage I couldnt see him making it.Both Holmes and Taumalolo are believed to be deep into negotiations to remain with their NRL clubs beyond the end of the 2017 season.I think itll be a great opportunity for them but I cant help but think this is a bit of a ploy to say look these blokes have options, Gallen said of the trials midway through the NFL season.They both have the same manager and they are both going to be certainly in the top five players off contract next year. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '