starting lineup after missing Mondays game with a right finger injury.UP NEXTReds RHP Anthony DeSclafa | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888 Aug 13
AUBURN, Ala. Cheap Angels Jerseys China . -- Jeremy Johnsons career at Auburn has been tumultuous. So to be able to start the final home game of his college career, and to do well in it, was a storybook ending. One of the most memorable moments for Johnson, though, wasnt during the game.Hes led the team out of the tunnel each game this season, and it was especially emotional Saturday night.After all that Ive been through, I still love being around this team, Johnson said. Thats the most important thing for me, my teammates. The other stuff doesnt even matter.Johnson accounted for three touchdowns, and No. 18 Auburn made the most of its final tuneup before the Iron Bowl against No. 1 Alabama with a 55-0 victory over FCS opponent Alabama A&M on Saturday night.Starting in place of the injured Sean White, Johnson was 14 of 19 for 147 yards and a touchdown and rushed for two more. It was Johnsons first start of the season and the first game he received substantial playing time in since the opener against Clemson, and he led the charge for a wire-to-wire win on Senior Day.Johnson was the starting quarterback in 2015, but poor performances caused him to lose his job to White, so to see him cap his career on a high note was good for Auburn coach Gus Malzahn to see.I think everyones happy for him, I know everybody in that locker rooms happy for him, Malzahn said. It was a good night.Kerryon Johnson ran for 108 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries before being lifted for freshman Kam Martin at halftime. Kerryon still wasnt 100 percent healthy from his lingering ankle issue that has hampered him since he suffered it against Mississippi State last month, but Malzahn said hes getting close.He wasnt the only Tiger on the mend Saturday.Running back Kamryn Pettway, who entered the week atop the SEC leaderboard in rushing, missed his second consecutive game with a left leg injury. Among the other Auburn players to sit out the final home game of the season were running back Stanton Truitt, H-back Chandler Cox and cornerback Carlton Davis.Auburn (8-3, No. 15 CFP) outgained Alabama A&M (4-7) 598-130, and had its first shutout since the first game of the 2008 season.I think that was one of (the defenses) goals coming in, to get a shutout, Malzahn said. Its so hard to get a shutout, and our defense has played excellent all year...any time you get a shutout, its something special.Malzahn let Johnson orchestrate the offense while he was in during the first half, and he filled in well for White. The Auburn defense let out its frustration from last weeks loss on the Bulldogs, who didnt eclipse 100 total yards until late in the third quarter.We got beat by a better team, I can tell you that for sure, Alabama A&M coach James Spady said.John Franklin III ran for 81 yards and a touchdown on four carries in mop-up duty for Johnson, and Martin finished as the leading rusher with 176 yards and a pair of touchdowns -- all in the second half -- thanks to a few long runs.DeAngelo Ballard was 15 of 39 for 103 yards for the Bulldogs.POLL IMPLICATIONSNo. 18 Auburn likely wont see a huge shift in its place in the polls, but the Tigers could move up a few spots based on the results of some other games.MARTINS MILESTONEWith his 176 rushing yards, Kam Martin becomes the 10th player under Gus Malzahn to rush for 100-plus yards in a game. Kamryn Pettway and Kerryon Johnson joined that club earlier this year.THE TAKEAWAYAuburn gets to rest some of its players that will be key in next weeks regular-season finale while picking up its eighth win of the season.Alabama A&M ends the year on a sour note, but the Bulldogs showed some fight against an SEC powerhouse.UP NEXTAuburn travels to Tuscaloosa next week for the Iron Bowl against No. 1 Alabama.Alabama A&M has wrapped up the season.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Cheap MLB Jerseys . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. Wholesale Angels Jerseys .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. http://www.cheapangelsjerseys.com/ . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. ST. LOUIS -- Aledmys Diaz made a vow Monday to the family of childhood friend Jose Fernandez, the late Miami Marlins ace who died in a boating accident early Sunday.I told them that every single time I put on the uniform, I would be thinking of him, Diaz said. And that I would give 100 percent because thats how he played the game.Fernandez would have been proud of his longtime buddy on Tuesday night.Back in the lineup after attending a private ceremony for Fernandez in Florida on Monday, Diaz hit his first career grand slam and the St. Louis Cardinals finished with five home runs in a 12-5 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.St. Louis remained one game behind San Francisco for the final NL playoff spot, and 1 1/2 games behind the New York Mets.The Giants routed Colorado 12-3. The Mets, who lead the wild-card standings, won 12-1 at Miami.Jhonny Peralta had a three-run homer and drove in four runs for the Cardinals, who had lost four of five. Matt Carpenter, Randal Grichuk and Matt Adams also homered.Joey Votto and Scott Schebler went deep for the Reds, who beat St. Louis 15-2 on Monday.Diaz slammed a 2-1 pitch from Cincinnati starter Robert Stephenson over the left-field wall. The 408-foot drive erased a 2-1 deficit and served as a wake-up call for the Cardinals, who grabbed their first lead since Saturday.The Cuban-born Diaz pointed to the sky after he crossed home plate and fell into the arms of teammate Yadier Molina. Diaz had tears in his eyes as he came out of the dugout for a curtain call.I felt some serious goose bumps when he hit that, Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright said. I almost got choked up. I know he was. He wanted to make some good swings for Jose.The emotional home run triggered an 11-run outburst in a span of three innings.Watching him cross the plate, and watching his reaction as he (shook hands) with the guys, really hit me on how much that meant to him, St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. You can never understand what each personss going through when they suffer a loss like that. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic. The show goes on and so does life. But its a tough thing for anyone to go through.Stephenson (2-3) ended up allowing five runs in four innings.Wainwright (13-9) gave up five runs and 10 hits over 5 2/3 innings.Adams connected for a pinch-hit homer in the sixth, extending the franchise record to 16 this season.St. Louis has hit an NL-leading 218 homers this year.Carpenter hit his 20th home run, giving the Cardinals five players with 20 or more.The Cardinals broke out of a hitting slump after scoring just three runs in their previous two games.Theres no telling how big this could be, Wainwright said.Votto was 3 for 5 and finished a triple shy of the cycle.Stephenson rolled through the first three innings, giving up just a solo homer to Carpenter.I felt a lot better today, especially at the beginning of the game, Stephenson said. I was a lot more under control. Just a nightmare inning in the fourth inning.Stephenson was aware of Diazs relationship with Fernandez.I thought that was real unfortunate timing for me, Stephenson said. But really, a special moment for him.TRAINERS ROOMReds: SS Zack Cozart, who has not played since Sept. 10 due to a sore right knee, was placed on the disabled list and will not return this season. ... 2B Brandon Phillips left in the seventh after hurting his wrist when he checked his swing. He is day to day. ... Schebler had a cramping issue and was removed in the eighth.Cardinals: Carpenter was back in the starting lineup after missing Mondays game with a right finger injury.UP NEXTReds RHP Anthony DeSclafani (8-5, 3.38 ERA) faces RHP Mike Leake (9-11, 4.72) in the third game of the four-game series Wednesday. DeSclafani has 13 quality starts in 19 starts this season. Leake is 0-1 with an 8.31 ERA in three starts against his former team. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '